You could wonder how possible is it to withdraw some cash on POS (point of sales) or at ATM point without having your debit or credit card. A cardless ATM withdrawal comes in handy and one’s convenience.
In many instances that you visit a cash withdrawal point only to find out, you don’t have your card with you or probably forgot it at home, or you misplace it, whatever the case might be and you’re caught up in a situation you need cash urgently.
That’s where cardless withdrawal also know as (cash-on-the-go) come in place to serve as an alternative means.
REQUIREMENT TO PERFORM CARDLESS ATM WITHDRAWAL
- Your bank USSD short-code. For example *777#
- Registered Number With your account
- Your mobile phone
- Your bank Mobile banking App
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE PROCEEDING TO PERFORM CARDLESS WITHDRAWAL ON ATM
1. Banks set minimum and maximum withdrawals limit for cardless ATM withdrawal. While some banks limit it to 20,000 Naira, others set at 30,000 Naira and 40,000 Naira respectively. Find out the limit set by your bank before proceeding.
2. Apart from using the instant banking USSD code, some banks support this service via their mobile banking app platform.
3. Not all ATMs point support this feature. However, most of the Automated Teller Machines support this action. Try using ATMs situating at banks so as to easily use the service.
HOW TO PERFORM CARDLESS ATM WITHDRAWAL IN Nigeria
After making sure your bank account can perform a cardless withdrawal, you can now proceed to make a withdrawal with your preferred bank.
For Guaranty Trust Bank (GTBank)
1. Dial *737#, select option 9 “cardless”.
2. On the next page, two options are available. If you’re using GTB ATM point or gallery to make the withdrawal. Select option 1 “GTBank (GT rescue)”.
3. If you’re making withdrawal from other banks ATM point, make use of the option 2 “pay code”
4. After that, a reference code will be sent to the registered phone number on your account. Proceed to an ATM point to make your cash withdrawal.
5. Most ATM’s point has cardless withdrawal options just make use of it and enter the reference code that was sent to you and the amount you want to withdraw and instantly you have your cash.
For ACCESS BANK
1. Dial the *901#, select option 4 “other service”.
2. On the next page, select option 6
3. However, on the next page, there are two options. Option to make a withdrawal for yourself or others
4. After entering the amount you want and your pin, a reference code for withdrawal will be sent to you.
5. Proceed to ATM point to get your cash.
FOR UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA (UBA)
1. Dial *91930*Amount#. For example, if you’re withdrawing 5000 Naira, the code will be *91930*5000#.
2. Follow the on-screen options promptly.
3. Generate a Reference code.
4. Go to the ATM Center, Select Pay code.
5. Enter the reference code and amount. Note, the amount must tally with what you selected previously.
6. After successfully carrying out all these processes, then your Cash will be dispense.
For ZENITH BANK PLC
1. Dial *966*60#, Select option 7 to proceed.
2. Follow on-screen options strictly.
3. Proceed to the bank to complete withdrawal.
For POLARIS BANK
1. Simply dial *322*8*Amount#. Then select the cashout pin you want to use for the cash withdrawal
2. Complete the on-screen prompts and proceed to nearest ATM gallery. Select Paycode, enter the reference code and other details to make your withdraw.
For STERLING BANK
1. Sterling bank term cardless withdrawal as Dial4Cash. Dial *822*42#.
2. Follow the on-screen prompt to generate token or cancel an already generated token you don’t want to use.
3. Enter your transaction pin to receive a Reference Code via SMS.
4. proceed to the nearest ATM station, Enter the Reference Code sent to you in other to get your cash.
NOTE: Some banks also offer cardless withdrawal through their mobile banking applications.
However, the list of banks that performs cardless withdrawal is not limited to the listed ones above, other banks also offer this service too.
The list of banks that performs cardless ATM withdrawal is much, but the instructions to perform cardless withdrawal for all banks in Nigeria are almost same be it through USSD short-code or their mobile banking applications.